Spinach Cheese Chicken (serves 4)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut horizontally (or frozen chicken breasts thawed)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed (I used a whole bag of spinach)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bottle Italian Dressing
- Add chicken and Italian dressing in a Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and massage so the chicken is covered in the marinade, set aside for 10-15 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C).
- Quickly wilt the spinach in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoon olive oil, set aside.
- Arrange chicken breasts drained from the marinade in a baking dish.
- Cut the brick of softened cream cheese in 4 equal parts and spread each part over each chicken piece.
- Lay wilted spinach on top of the cream cheese.
- Add the cut cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F (75°C). Serve warm with a side of cauliflower rice, or a vegetable. Enjoy!
NOTE: The pictures only show only 3 servings. I used some “flat” frozen chicken breasts I had in the freezer, so I adjusted the ingredient amounts slightly down. Stills tasted wonderfully using the frozen chicken!